Beige Color in Interior Design: Tips from a Pro
Today we’ll speak about so beloved and increasingly popular beige color. How to create a beige interior which would break down the myth that this color is boring? Let’s find out some tips from a professional interior designer.
First let’s find out why beige is so popular. It’s simple – hues of this color are considered to be universal, fit for absolutely interior style – from classical to modern and loft, and the feeling it creates can be named soothingly relaxing and homey. Beige color and its versatile shades are a golden classical color scheme, which would always be up-to-date. This color can bring some novelty, refresh or set the mood of the interior – the main thing is not to fear to combine it with other colors. Determination and experiments will surely result into something gorgeous.
Of course, there are some golden rules and nuances regarding the use of beige color in interior design. They are quite simple and obvious:
1. Beige color, especially its grayish hues, is perfect for walls, ceilings and floor when combined with bright accents in furniture, upholstery, accessories and décor.
2. More traditional interiors are characterized by combinations of light beige shades with dark colors. The difference between colors can be vivid, playing on contrasts (just take care about the right proportions), or pretty subtle if your task is to emphasize the texture of natural materials, like grain of dark wood.
3. The right proportionality of colors can change the visual perception of space. As you surely know, light hues can expand the room visually, while darker shades can make it seem more narrow and low.
4. And what colors would better match beige in interior? Since beige is 100% natural color, it’s recommended to combine it with colors that can be found in nature. The most popular combinations for today are beige and gray, white, turquoise, brown, blue and powder pink.
5. And if you need a “spicy” mood, beige may be accompanied by orange, fuchsia, and emerald. In this case it’s important to keep a sense of proportion and balance. If you’re not sure, it’s better to consult a designer.
Frankly speaking, whatever color you choose to combine with beige it would always be ideal. The combinations we have mentioned above are just a drop in the ocean. The thing is that by means of different additional colors we can put pretty different accents – turn our dwelling into a cozy family nest for calm days and evenings or create an open space for young and energetic audience.