Christmas Table Setting Trend 2016-2017: Greenery
Lovely and well-designed Christmas table setting may set cheerful festive mood not worse than a beautifully decorated spruce or shiny garlands. On Christmas days we spend most of the time at the table, which means that the atmosphere must start from out table settings.
Christmas trees are an irreplaceable attribute of Christmas and New Year. But this year the focus is a little bit switched – to greenery: a tiny cedar, a topiary tree or just a bunch of spruce branches may be the centerpiece of our festive tables. Create your personal compositions out of branches, candles, pine cones or live flowers, either cut or potted. Or plant a flowering cabbage and it will grow up just in time for the holidays.
And here are a few tips on Christmas table décor from a professional decorator:
1. Pay attention to the centre of the table – arrange there a traditional Christmas wreath, live flowers, plants or even herbs – any greenery is acceptable.
2. Combinations of pine needles and cones & spices – cinnamon, star anise and dried citrus fruit not just look great but also create a marvelous festive odor.
3. Mixture of blue or turquoise and brownish and silver hues is the top trend of this season.
4. If you prefer live flowers and plants, don’t forget to add some Christmas spirit – balls, candles, and garlands.
5. On Christmas (and always, actually) home must feel warm and cozy. Get some beautiful candles and candleholders. The best choice is candlesticks with glass covers, which guarantee safety of your holiday, and tall candelabras – it’s always pleasing to have the candle flame at eye-level. The atmosphere of candle lights is truly magical!
6. Candles, knitted stuff, felt toys and common balls of wool joined by “gifts of forest” – pine cones, needles and bark – may be fit into any interior style – from Scandinavian to rustic.